For many years, Horizons Foundation has worked closely with financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, and other professional advisors to strengthen their practices with LGBT clients and promote charitable giving in the LGBT community.
The foundation’s work in this area is led by Horizons’ Professional Advisors Circle (PAC), a dedicated community of advisors who provide financial planning and legal, tax, real estate, and insurance services, and are experienced in meeting the needs of LGBT clients.
The goals of the PAC are to:
- Provide outstanding educational opportunities for LGBT and ally professional advisors
- Develop a strong network to enhance practice management among LGBT and ally professional advisors
- Support the LGBT community and Horizons Foundation
Professional Advisors Educational Series
Our annual series for professional advisors is an educational and networking opportunity for financial advisors, estate-planning attorneys, and other professionals who work closely with LGBT clients.
The 2015 Professional Advisors Series includes:
- Marketing to the LGBT Community
- The Solo Practice: Exploring Possibilities and Enhancing Opportunities
- Managing Big Data and Your Client’s Privacy
- Talking About Charitable Giving with Clients
- Holiday Mixer
Capacity is limited and RSVP is required. If you have questions or you would prefer to RSVP by email, please contact Deb Stallings, Director of Development, at 415.398.2333 x103 or email at email@example.com.
In addition to excellent curriculum, these sessions present unique opportunities for advisors to connect with scores of other professionals in a relaxed “lunch and learn” setting. In some instances, programs offer continuing education units as well.
Directory of Professional Advisors – Coming Soon!
Horizons Foundation is proud to offer an online Directory of Professional Advisors for the LGBT Community, accessible to both donors and advisors. The directory features a listing of attorneys, financial advisors, accountants, real estate and insurance professionals who offer services that integrate the unique needs of LGBT clients.
The new Horizons Directory of Professional Advisors will be a dynamic online resource with full advisor profiles, links to advisor website, and areas for advisors to upload news and educational articles, and an easy link for interested individuals to sign up for your RSS feed and blog.
Directory of Professional Advisors COMING SOON!
There are two entry options:
PAC Online Directory
|Full Profile Page||$149/year||
purchase Your Paid Profile Here!
The online Directory is coming soon!
If you are interested in having a listing or profile, please contact Deb Stallings, Director of Development, at (415) 398.2333, ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisors who opt for the full profile page are eligible to qualify for a badge that symbolizes their commitment to the LGBT community. During the sign-up process, advisors will have the opportunity to apply based on the following criteria (must meet at least two):
- Current Leadership Circle member of Horizons Foundation (annual gift of $1,000+)
- Give the equivalent of an annual leadership gift to another LGBT organization
- Currently serving on a Board of Directors of an LGBT organization
- Referred a client(s) to Horizons Foundation for a planned gift or a lifetime gift
For more information on the Professional Advisors Circle, contact Deb Stallings, Director of Development, at (415) 398.2333, ext. 103 or email@example.com.