How Your Nonprofit Can Participate in #GivingTuesdayLGBTQ
We encourage you to think outside the box in how you participate in Giving Tuesday. For example, use the day to increase your social media following, build a pool of potential volunteers, ask donors or people you serve to create an Unselfie and share it on social media, or give current and potential donors a view “behind the scenes” of your organization by going live on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter.
If you plan on participating in Giving Tuesday, consider taking these steps:
- Register with Giving Tuesday – this will make your cause searchable on their website.
- Review the Giving Tuesday Complete Toolkit for Nonprofits 2019 and Nonprofit Success Stories for campaign ideas.
- Use tools provided by our new Give OUT Day platform partner, MightyCause (including social media and email templates you can customize). Be sure to use #GivingTuesdayLGBTQ and #GivingTuesday in your messaging, and feel free to use this #GivingTuesdayLGBTQ logo! We'll retweet content that includes #GivingTuesdayLGBTQ!
- After December 3, send your results and any success stories you want to share to [email protected] We'd love to hear from you!
- Thank your donors on Thank You Wednesday, December 4.
We wish you the best of luck on Giving Tuesday!