Horizons Foundation considers applications from nonprofit organizations whose work is consistent with our vision of building a just and equitable world for everyone, including LGBTQ people.
Baseline requirements for applying and receiving funding from Horizons Foundation include:
- Status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or documented fiscal sponsorship by an organization with current 501(c)(3) status
- Certification that the applicant nonprofit organization does not discriminate in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, socioeconomic status, or source of income in its employment practices, selection of board members, selection of students, or acceptance of clients for services or products, or as otherwise provided by all applicable federal, state, and local laws
The following are generally not eligible for grant support:
- Requests for costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award
- Requests from government agencies
- Requests for capital support
- Fundraising event sponsorship
- Projects that directly benefit an individual
If you have any questions about any processes, guidelines, or forms, contact Nora Alcala, Office Manager and Program Assistant, at (415) 398.2333, ext. 100, [email protected] or Francisco O. Buchting, Vice President of Grants, Programs, and Strategic Initiatives, at (415) 398.2333, ext. 116, [email protected].