The Albers-Alexander LGBTQ Law Scholarship Fund is interested in supporting LGBTQ persons who are pursuing a law school degree.
The scholarship program prioritizes supporting LGBTQ applicants who:
- Show leadership and courage on behalf of the LGBTQ community;
- Face barriers to educational access, including students who are economically, ethnically/racially, socially, geographically, or politically disenfranchised. For example: LGBTQ students of color, transgender students, LGBTQ immigrant students, LGBTQ students who are the first to attend college in their family, LGBTQ applicants who have experienced homelessness, foster care, poverty, or isolation due to geography;
- Demonstrate significant financial need
The Albers-Alexander LGBTQ Law Scholarship Fund will be awarding a total of $100,000 for the 2022-23 academic school year. The maximum award will be $10,000.
First, second, or third year law students attending one of the following law schools:
- Golden Gate University School of Law (San Francisco, CA)
- University of California at Berkeley, School of Law (Berkeley, CA)
- University of California at Davis, School of Law (Davis, CA)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (San Francisco, CA)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Madison, WI)
Applications will be accepted through September 19, 2022.
All decisions of the selection committee are final.
Scholarship proceeds are sent directly to the school where the applicant will be attending. Funds are not given directly to the student.
Ready to apply? Create an account to access Horizons' Scholarship Online Portal and submit your application. When prompted, input the access code: aa2022law