Thank You for Giving OUT
The third annual Give OUT Day, the national day of giving to LGBTQ organizations, has come and gone, and we have much to celebrate. Nationally, more than $700,000 was raised from over 11,000 unique donors.
The Bay Area shines again
Once again, the Bay Area showed the rest of the country that our community really knows how to #GiveOUTBay. For the third year in a row, Bay Area organizations topped the national leaderboard, taking two of the three top prizes. Transgender Law Center and Black Girl Dangerous came in 2nd and 3rd place, respectively, raising tens of thousands of dollars each from more than 1,000 donors.
The overall performance of Bay Area groups continued to be remarkable. The top eight Bay Area organizations raised more than $110,000 from 2,260 non-unique donors. That represents 15.7% of the total dollars raised on Give OUT Day – from just eight Bay Area groups! When the final Bay Area numbers come in, including donor matches and leaderboard prize awards, we expect the Bay Area total to reach close to $200,000 – in just one day!
It takes a community . . .
The nature of an event like Give OUT Day is all about what we can do together. None of this would have been possible without the support of thousands of donors across the Bay Area. To those of you who Gave OUT to one (or more!) of our fabulous organizations, Horizons’ staff and board say “Thank you!.” To the staff, board, and volunteer fundraisers of participating Bay Area organizations – your tireless dedication to the causes you support humble and inspire us. With much gratitude to the Coming Home Fund of Horizons Foundation for providing the grant money for Bay Area leaderboards and prize awards, we say truly THANK YOU!
National Overall Leaderboard
* 1st Place – $5,000 – The Audre Lorde Project Inc.
* 2nd Place – $1,500 – Transgender Law Center
* 3rd Place – $1,000 – Black Girl Dangerous
EqualityCard National Leaderboard
* 1st Place – $1,500 – Transgender Law Center
* 2nd Place – $1,000 – Campus Pride Inc
* 3rd Place – $500 – Translifeline
Bay Area Large Organization Leaderboard
* 1st Place – $5,000 – Transgender Law Center
* 2nd Place – $1,500 – Equality Federation Institute
* 3rd Place – $1,000 – Gay-Straight Alliance Network
Bay Area Small Organization Leaderboard
*1st Place – $5,000 – Black Girl Dangerous
* 2nd Place – $1,500 – API Equality – Northern California
* 3rd Place – $1,000 – TGI Justice Project