For many years, Horizons Foundation has worked closely with financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, and other professional advisors to strengthen their practices with LGBTQ clients and promote charitable giving in the LGBTQ community.
The foundation’s work in this area is led by Horizons’ Professional Advisors Circle (PAC), a dedicated community of advisors who provide financial planning and legal, tax, real estate, and insurance services, and are experienced in meeting the needs of LGBTQ clients.
The goals of the PAC are to:
- Provide outstanding educational opportunities for LGBTQ and ally professional advisors
- Develop a strong network to enhance practice management among LGBTQ and ally professional advisors
- Support the LGBTQ community and Horizons Foundation
Professional Advisors Series
Our annual series for professional advisors is an educational and networking opportunity for financial advisors, estate-planning attorneys, and other professionals who work closely with LGBTQ clients.
2019 Professional Advisors Series:
- Education Series: Review & Updates for the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2018”- February 7
- LGBTQ Financial Planning Day – April 27
- Addressing the Challenges of Same-Sex Pre-Marital and Post-Marital Agreements – May 9
- Pride Luncheon – June 6
In addition to excellent curriculum, these sessions present unique opportunities for Advisors to connect with scores of other professionals in a relaxed “lunch and learn” setting. In some instances, programs offer continuing education units.
Capacity is limited and RSVP is required. If you have questions or would like more information about joining the Professional Advisors Network, please contact Theary Chan, Director of Philanthropic Services, at 415.398.2333 x121 or email at [email protected].
Online Directory of Professional Advisors
Horizons Foundation is proud to offer an online Directory of Professional Advisors for the LGBTQ Community, accessible to both donors and advisors. The directory features attorneys, financial advisors, accountants, real estate and insurance professionals who offer services that integrate the unique needs of LGBTQ clients.
If you would like to be added to our directory, please contact Theary Chan, Director of Philanthropic Services, at 415.398.2333 x121 or email at [email protected].
Advisors are eligible to qualify for a badge that symbolizes their commitment to the LGBT community. During the sign-up process, advisors will have the opportunity to apply based on the following criteria (must meet at least two):
- Current Leadership Circle member of Horizons Foundation (annual gift of $1,000+)
- Give the equivalent of an annual leadership gift to another LGBTQ organization
- Currently serving on a Board of Directors of an LGBTQ organization
- Referred a client(s) to Horizons Foundation for a planned gift or a lifetime gift