For many years, Horizons Foundation has worked closely with financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, and other professional advisors to strengthen their practices with LGBTQ clients and promote charitable giving in the LGBTQ community.
The foundation’s work in this area is led by Horizons’ Professional Advisors Circle (PAC), a dedicated community of advisors who provide financial planning and legal, tax, real estate, and insurance services, and are experienced in meeting the needs of LGBTQ clients.
The goals of the PAC are to:
- Provide outstanding educational opportunities for LGBTQ and ally professional advisors
- Develop a strong network to enhance practice management among LGBTQ and ally professional advisors
- Support the LGBTQ community and Horizons Foundation
Professional Advisors Series
Our annual series for professional advisors is an educational and networking opportunity for financial advisors, estate-planning attorneys, and other professionals who work closely with LGBTQ clients.Advising LGBTQ Clients in the New Political Climate
2018 Professional Advisors Series:
Capacity is limited and RSVP is required. If you have questions or you would prefer to RSVP by email, please contact Anthony Morin, Corporate Sponsorship and Event Manager, at 415.398.2333 x115 or email at [email protected].
In addition to excellent curriculum, these sessions present unique opportunities for advisors to connect with scores of other professionals in a relaxed “lunch and learn” setting. In some instances, programs offer continuing education units as well.
Online Directory of Professional Advisors
Horizons Foundation is proud to offer an online Directory of Professional Advisors for the LGBTQ Community, accessible to both donors and advisors. The directory features attorneys, financial advisors, accountants, real estate and insurance professionals who offer services that integrate the unique needs of LGBTQ clients.
The new Horizons Directory of Professional Advisors will be a dynamic online resource with full advisor profiles, links to advisor website, and areas for advisors to upload news and educational articles for prospective clients.
Learn about creating a listing or paid profile in the new online Directory of Professional Advisors »
There are two entry options:
- Your free online listing includes your name, title, firm, and basic contact information in the searchable online directory. Follow the directions below to create your free listing.
- Your paid profile ($149 Annual Rate!) includes full contact information with your photo and a link to a full profile page that includes customizable text, links to your social media pages, embedded photos or video, a social media feed, and, if applicable, the Horizons’ Professional Advisors Circle badge that indicates your demonstrated leadership in the LGBTQ community.*
purchase Your Paid Profile Here!
Advisors who opt for the full profile page are eligible to qualify for a badge that symbolizes their commitment to the LGBT community. During the sign-up process, advisors will have the opportunity to apply based on the following criteria (must meet at least two):
- Current Leadership Circle member of Horizons Foundation (annual gift of $1,000+)
- Give the equivalent of an annual leadership gift to another LGBTQ organization
- Currently serving on a Board of Directors of an LGBTQ organization
- Referred a client(s) to Horizons Foundation for a planned gift or a lifetime gift
For more information on the Professional Advisors Circle, contact Deb Stallings, Vice President of Development, at (415) 398.2333, ext. 103 or [email protected].